I love being at home. This morning I woke up later than usual, so I figured Jimmy had decided we weren't going to make the trip to Huntsville for church. I staggered up from the bed and Jimmy was cooking pancakes and bacon. Yummo!
After breakfast, I headed out to the garage. My first trip out there I opened the door, looked around, and then shut the door and locked it behind me. Oh my gosh, it is so piled up with stuff we boxed up after the tornado last year. I came in the house, paced the floors, then headed back out, determined to start chipping away at it!
Jimmy came out a little later (after he finished watching his Hitler movie *rolling eyes big time*) and we got through several boxes and through some of the clothes. I boxed up some to take to the Second Chance Shop and then I started washing some sweats and things like that. We'll be needing them before long!
Unfortunately Black Widow spiders have decided that they like our garage. Last month the pest guy sprayed everything but there was a big fat one sitting on its web in the corner of the side door to the garage. Jimmy smashed it. I sure don't want to get bitten (again). Hurts like a baseball bat is slamming into you and it also makes your muscles draw and makes you feel like you're dying. It's awful.
I found a box of CDs which will come in handy. Included are Brad Paisley's Christmas album and also Lynyrd Skynyrd/38 Special's Christmas album. "Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin'" is one of my favorites. I believe I'll listen to it while I'm finishing this blog! Ahh, yeah, here we go!
That song reminds me of driving down to Biloxi with my friend Debbie one Thanksgiving weekend to see Bo Bice. Debbie gave me the CD and we blared it all the way down there! That was a fun trip.
I know it's only the end of September, but I'm ready to start celebrating the Christmas season! Oh, I'm going to decorate with fall stuff, but I think I'll listen to some Christmas music every day. It makes me smile!
Here's a link to "Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin'" on Youtube. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62dvwe5itNg
And if you like it, you can buy it here!
http://www.amazon.com/Lynyrd-Skynyrd-38-Special-Christmas/dp/B0000657WR/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316977349&sr=8-1
Here is a picture of me and Debbie at Bo's show in Biloxi a couple of years ago.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment