Today is deathly quiet. It's spring break and apparently everyone in town is on vacation with the exception of me and my staff. Dead as a tomb. But that's ok. It'll pick back up with a vengeance before long.
This next Sunday is Easter. It is so cold outside and I'm wondering if it is going to let up before then. When the kids were little I always wished for pretty weather so that they could hunt eggs and wear short sleeves. Most of the time they did. Of course I have no little ones any more, nor do I have grandchildren. Seems like everywhere I turn somebody is popping out a baby. Rachel just got married, Layke isn't married, nor is Seth. I guess I'll have to wait on the grandkid phase of life. If it ever gets here. If not, I'll just remain "too young to have grandchildren". Ha!
Right now in my life I am on a Dark Shadows kick. I started watching the old 1966 series on Netflix. It seemed kind of disjointed when I started watching, and then after researching online I found that Netflix is passing off the second part of Season 2 as Season 1! I am NOT happy about it! Who is the Netflix president? I'm going to write and complain! Every night I turn on my iPad and fall asleep listening to the old soap. It is so slow and stilted and is perfect for nodding off. All of the dramatic music makes me jerk awake sometimes though.
Also in my life I am concentrating on being an advocate for dogs in shelters. I cannot physically go and help, nor can I shell out money, but boy, can I get the word out on Facebook about little animals that need forever homes. Some of them look so lonely and sweet that it absolutely breaks my heart. Nothing in this world gets to me like a little animal with nobody to care for it. I adore my babies.
Since I last wrote in this blog I adopted a little chihuahua/pug mix from a shelter and named her Georgia Condoleeza. Georgie is my sweetheart. She sleeps with me every night. She sits right next to me on the sofa when I'm home, and when I'm not she cozies up to Seth or Jimmy. She plays with her rope, her tire, her old shoes and her latest toy, her skunk butt. Oh, how she loves that skunk butt! Rachel gave it to her.
And since my last writing I have a new Scottish son-in-law. Rachel and Leigh married in November and live in Aberdeen. Rachel is home now getting her visa in order so that she can stay over there permanently. I am so glad to have her home and will be sorry to see her leave. But they say they are coming home every Thanksgiving to visit. All of us are going to go to the Smokies and stay in a cabin and just relax, play games, and watch tv. Leigh loved the Smokies when he was here so I guess he and Rachel will want to go exploring. I'd just as soon stay at Alewine Pottery. Ahh, I love that stuff!
Let's see, I have nothing else much to tell. Layke is living in Huntsville working as a worship leader at Summit Crossing Community Church. He gave up his teaching job here in town to move over there and do that. He seems very happy with his decision. Jimmy is working at Lee Energy Solutions. Seth is no longer at Foodland. They cut his hours down so drastically that we decided that he'd be better off not working for right now. Me? I'm still at the 'berry. On April 4 I will have been here 19 years. Time has flown. I'm ready for 25 years to be here to tell you the truth. There are things Seth and I want to do! I hope and pray that I'll be able to afford to retire and us do them. Jimmy will work forever. He loves it and get so bored when he's at home. He just had shoulder surgery and I couldn't keep him still even right afterwards.
Time to go. Seth is taking pictures of me and posting them to Facebook. Lord have mercy.


No comments:
Post a Comment