Today has been productive around my house. Jimmy and I attacked that room of Layke's and I'm ashamed at how much junk we had accumlated. By junk, I mean clothes. We packed up I don't know how many bags to give to the thrift store. If I were industrious I would sell them on eBay, but I'd just as soon get a tax receipt.
After we finished up in there, we got ready and went shopping for Jimmy some new pants. He's lost about 25 pounds and really needed some. The only problem is he seems to be right in between sizes right now, but we did get one pair for him. I spotted a Fossil purse I would LOVE to have, but the thing was 78 bucks and I'm too cheap. I'll wait and find one on sale or just do without it. I had an outfit in my hand, too, but decided to put it back. I spend way too much money!
We went on and had lunch at Santa Fe and I had no appetite. I only had a few bites of my salad, 1/2 roll, about 1/3 of my steak and a little of my potato. I am still not hungry but I'm not sick. Strange.
Seth wanted to come home, so we dropped him off and headed out by Rachel's house. Naturally she wasn't at home. This was the second time we've tried to catch her with no luck. Then Jimmy asked if I wanted to go somewhere and I said sure, never dreaming he's drive all the way to Nixon's Chapel, through Snead, Walnut Grove and back up through Egypt to Boaz. I was SO tired of riding! He knew I wasn't real thrilled so he suggested we stop at Tuesday Morning. We ended up going in Peebles and of course I bought something. For Christmas I had given Rachel the cutest peace sign necklace and they had them 60% off today so I got one for me. :)
Next stop was Mother's house and we ended up going to the grocery store to pick up some things she needed and we did our shopping, too. When I got home I cleaned out the refrigerator and fixed a big bowl of scraps for my dogs. Well, I was feeding them and I looked down and my pug was just lying there, not moving, choking. I grabbed the little thing up and did the Heimlich Maneuver on him and this huge hunk of chicken came flying out of his little throat. He was so scared! Jimmy had picked the chicken off the bone and he warned me that Pugs would probably get choked but I thought the big dogs would wolf down the chicken. I was so wrong! I petted him and calmed him down and it scares the crap out of me that he would have died if I hadn't been standing right there! That's twice he's been choked lately. We decided to buy him canned food from now on. Poor baby!
Storms started moving in and we were under tornado warnings. My big old Great Pyrenees is petrified of storms so he flew in the door as I was coming in and got right in the middle of our bed! When it started thundering louder he moved in the den with us. He's still in here as quiet as a mouse. My cat is in love with him and won't leave him alone! She wallows all over him. This was the first time my bird had seen the dog and you should have seen the way he was hanging off the cage looking at him! It was hilarious! Yes, I live in a zoo!
I'm patiently (yeah, right) waiting on a stupid basketball game to be over so we can watch something else. NCIS is coming on and we also need to finish up Twilight. I've seen it but Jimmy hasn't and last night we started watching it and he fell asleep halfway through. YAY!! It's over!! Maybe Jimbo will stay awake to finish up the movie!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Nope, he fell asleep again! But he did say he liked what he saw so far! LOL Maybe tonight we'll get to finish it up.
ReplyDelete