What does that say about my life right now? We’ve been to the Smoky Mountains. I’ve read some good books. I’ve been to a meeting in Huntsville for my work. Exciting stuff.
The Smokies trip was mainly for my youngest son. He loves that place better than any place on earth, so we headed out last Friday afternoon. The traffic was pretty bad when we got there and it rained on us the entire way. It poured all day Saturday and the traffic was bumper-to-bumper. We rode out to the Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville and it took an hour and a half to get back to Pigeon Forge. I was SO irritated! We went to the Brewery for supper. The food was ok, wasn’t really what I wanted, and our bill was too freaking high!!! That made me ill, plus we got back to the hotel room by around 6:30 and that was that for Saturday. The boys were happy to stay in the room and watch football and the Nascar race. Thank goodness Seth took his laptop so I at least had something to do!
Sunday morning was beautiful and clear. We headed to Gatlinburg where we had breakfast at the Pancake Pantry, another one of Seth’s favorite places. Then we were going to ride through Cade’s Cove. Once again, bumper-to-bumper traffic and a sign that said that going the loop at Cade’s Cove would take 2-3 hours! We turned around and had some other adventures and headed home. Needless to say it wasn’t the most entertaining of all the trips we’ve made to the Smokies, but we did do a lot of shopping and eating!
While we were gone we left Pugsley at the vet’s. He got a bath and his shots and he looked luscious when we picked him up to bring him home. And the vet said to cut back on his food. He’ll think we’re starving him! He’s a little hog! But the most laughable thing is that they told me to walk him. WALK HIM!! A dog that lives outside! No way. He’s 12 ½ and a little old man and his joints hurt. If he wants to walk around he’ll do it himself. I’m not going to make him.
Spunky Bogart was happy to see me when we got back. He’s such a silly bird! I do believe he thinks MY name is Spunky! LOL
We’ve been rearranging all day at work, cleaning out and had a lot of stuff taken to the recycling center. One thing we found was a bag with lots of pretty gemstones in it. It’s been here forever, so I took them and put them in a glass container and they are setting on my desk where I can look at them. There is amythyst, jasper, moonstone, rose quartz, hematite, amber, and I don’t know the names of the rest of them. I don’t believe in any kind of powers from gems and crystals; I just like to look at them.
I’m sad that Hell’s Kitchen is over for the season, but my man Dave won! He beat the others with one arm! I was tickled to death! Tuesday nights aren’t going to be exciting anymore.
The Smokies trip was mainly for my youngest son. He loves that place better than any place on earth, so we headed out last Friday afternoon. The traffic was pretty bad when we got there and it rained on us the entire way. It poured all day Saturday and the traffic was bumper-to-bumper. We rode out to the Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville and it took an hour and a half to get back to Pigeon Forge. I was SO irritated! We went to the Brewery for supper. The food was ok, wasn’t really what I wanted, and our bill was too freaking high!!! That made me ill, plus we got back to the hotel room by around 6:30 and that was that for Saturday. The boys were happy to stay in the room and watch football and the Nascar race. Thank goodness Seth took his laptop so I at least had something to do!
Sunday morning was beautiful and clear. We headed to Gatlinburg where we had breakfast at the Pancake Pantry, another one of Seth’s favorite places. Then we were going to ride through Cade’s Cove. Once again, bumper-to-bumper traffic and a sign that said that going the loop at Cade’s Cove would take 2-3 hours! We turned around and had some other adventures and headed home. Needless to say it wasn’t the most entertaining of all the trips we’ve made to the Smokies, but we did do a lot of shopping and eating!
While we were gone we left Pugsley at the vet’s. He got a bath and his shots and he looked luscious when we picked him up to bring him home. And the vet said to cut back on his food. He’ll think we’re starving him! He’s a little hog! But the most laughable thing is that they told me to walk him. WALK HIM!! A dog that lives outside! No way. He’s 12 ½ and a little old man and his joints hurt. If he wants to walk around he’ll do it himself. I’m not going to make him.
Spunky Bogart was happy to see me when we got back. He’s such a silly bird! I do believe he thinks MY name is Spunky! LOL
We’ve been rearranging all day at work, cleaning out and had a lot of stuff taken to the recycling center. One thing we found was a bag with lots of pretty gemstones in it. It’s been here forever, so I took them and put them in a glass container and they are setting on my desk where I can look at them. There is amythyst, jasper, moonstone, rose quartz, hematite, amber, and I don’t know the names of the rest of them. I don’t believe in any kind of powers from gems and crystals; I just like to look at them.
I’m sad that Hell’s Kitchen is over for the season, but my man Dave won! He beat the others with one arm! I was tickled to death! Tuesday nights aren’t going to be exciting anymore.


No comments:
Post a Comment