

And I'm inside. :(Hey, it's been a while since I've blogged. There has been a lot of stuff going on in my life, everything from the happiest happy to stressed out beyond belief!
Part of the happiest happy was Jimmy playing a Halloween gig at Boondocks. He, along with a few friends, did a set and I thoroughly enjoyed spending the evening sitting at a table with a coffin propped on it! I saw lots of costumes- Gene Simmons, Justin Timberlake, a sexy nurse and sexy policewoman and besides the costumes, I saw the REAL Jeff Cook!
For those who may not know who he is, he was with the group Alabama. He moved to Guntersville several years ago and he frequents Boondocks. I didn't say anything to him, but when I first came in he was sittig there and at first glance I thought it was our friend Lee. I had a flash of recognition on my face and then I realized it wasn't Lee, but it didn't dawn on me that it was Jeff Cook until later. Duh.
The most surreal moment of the evening was when he was standing there with his camera videoing the band Jimmy was playing with. I'm sure he's usually on the other side of the camera! He also got onstage and Jimmy handed off his bass to him and Jeff played Jimmy's bass for a couple of songs. Like I said, it was a happy night and lots of fun!
My mother's birthday was Sunday and we did our celebrating Saturday. We went out to lunch then she and Rachel came down to Boondocks. Now that was a sight- my mother sitting in a bar! But she had a good time listening to the music. She left after Jimmy played and I'm glad. The later it got the wilder the crowd got and when the women started dancing together, uh, provacatively, I was ready to leave. Yuck.
This week Jimmy has been in South Alabama working. Nothing spectacularly exciting has happened around home this week. I had my yearly budget meeting and a portrait made for the city's new website. I did have quite a stressful afternoon yesterday which had to do with insurance coverage, but I'm fine today. It'll all work out. I'm sure of it.
For those of you who are in the Albertville area, we here at the library are going to partner with the Marshall County Coalition Against Domestic Violence by being a drop point for people to donate needed items such as toilet tissue, paper towels, and laundry detergent. This is not just for the holidays; we are going to do it long term, so please remember us when you do your shopping. Grab an extra roll of paper towels or an extra pack of toilet paper, bottle of detergent, shampoo or soap and bring it by and put it in the big purple box! The motto we have come up with is "Help Us Help Them Assist Victims to become Victors".
Alrighty. I've spilled everything I know for now! Maybe it won't be so long until the next time I decide to write. Toodles!


No comments:
Post a Comment