




I think I had the best Thanksgiving I ever had this year. We had it at my house and when I got off work Wednesday, I was ready to start cooking!Most people complain about Thanksgiving cooking; I LOVE it! Jimmy peeled the apples and I put together the pie filling, I made deviled eggs, cranberry relish, sweet tea and I had gotten smart and when I was home for lunch that day I made my congealed salad! Things were moving smoothly!
Thursday morning I baked the pies, and I must say they were gorgeous! And tasted just as good as they looked. The secret is the freshly grated nutmeg...mmmmm.
Off we went at 10:30 to meet Jimmy's family at Cracker Barrel. We had a very short wait and I enjoyed breakfast. All of the grandkids were not there, but we still had two big tables full.
After we got home Layke put his sweet potatoes in to bake, made his casserole, and I finished up the corn casserole, Brussels sprouts, etc. Mother and Rachel came in with the dressing, mashed potatoes, pecan pie and chess squares. We ate a late lunch and then just sat at the table chatting. That night we all watched our traditional Christmas Vacation and we also watched Christmas with the Kranks. It was a glorious day, so full of blessings!!


No comments:
Post a Comment