That's what Seth used to say when he was small...he'd say, "Mama, do you need a piece of quiet?" I guess he had heard me say I wish I had some peace and quiet quite often! Jimmy and I went out riding around Sunday afternoon like we do sometimes. We take back roads and pass lots of nice wooded areas and pastureland. We live on a very busy road and even if it's late at night or early in the morning, I can hear traffic. I sit on my patio and I can hear the little birds chirping among the noisiness of the cars. I told Jimmy Sunday that I just crave to be out in the middle of a field somewhere in the complete and utter quiet. My house is never quiet. Jimmy thrives on noise. He says he likes the tv on even when he's studying his Sunday School lesson. That just blows my mind.
Thankfully my job is a relatively calm one. But libraries aren't as quiet as you might believe! The hustle and bustle gets into full swing at times and there are babies crying, kids screaming and people yapping at one another full force. Cell phones ring even though we have a sign up for people to silence them.
Am I the only one who craves peace? It's like my soul needs it. If I can start the day out quietly, the entire day goes so much better for me! This morning I sat on the patio (my sanctuary, pictured above) and enjoyed the stillness and the coolness and the company of my animals. So far I feel very tranquil. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment