Left to right: Me, Karen, Terri, Pam, Janet and CindyCan you believe it? I must be in a chatty mood. Sometimes I just cannot shut myself up!
Things are awfully quiet at work today. I did my yearly employee evaluations and I've still got to pay some bills, but other than that nothing is pressing too much.
Jimmy asked me last night if I would like to go see Diamond Rio Saturday night. Well, yeah! He's going to see if he can score some tickets to the Alabama Poultry and Egg Festival. That's where they are performing. We've seen Lonestar there before, as well as Little Big Town. It's always held at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center and tickets are like $150 each. It's a fundraiser and usually Jimmy's company has some tickets floating around. We shall see.
Ya'll, I am addicted to Scrabble. I have it on my home computer and when I got my iphone that is the first app I bought!! I lay in the bed and night and play in the dark until I literally drop the phone. Am I sick or what?? Since I got my phone on Mother's Day, I have played 68 games with 1 Draw and 11 Losses. Not too bad. And what is so funny is that I typically win by playing three letter words! I'm just really picky to use triple letter, double letter, and double word placement. That helps a lot! So use that little bit of advice for whatever you think it's worth!
When I went home for lunch today I played two games while I was watching One Life To Live. Now that is my show! I think Todd Manning is sex on a stick. He is gorgeous. Today Jessica remembered everything surrounding the birth of her baby. Now the dilemma is...will Starr and Cole be willing to let Marcie have the baby as they had originally planned? Drama, drama! It's mindless entertainment, but I've done it for so long that I just can't abandon this group of people that I've known since I was like 17 years old!
Now that all of the regular TV shows are in reruns for the summer, I have not even been watching television at night. I've spent my time outside on the patio or on the computer or listening to music. It sure makes the evenings last longer, which is a good thing.
Tonight I have nothing planned. I really should get my clothes out and try on stuff to see what I want to take with me to the CMA Festival next week. My goodness, I'm going to be gone from Monday-Sunday, so I'll have to have a LOT of stuff! And I want to be comfortable, that's for sure. I hope I see some good stars. I know I'm seeing Bo at least four or five times. He's busy all week at charity events.
Ok, that'll do it for now. I'm not promising I won't come back and type more, though!
Oh yeah, I'm putting up the picture of me and the girls from work taken out at Santa Fe Tuesday night. We were celebrating Janet and Karen's birthdays. Funny how we always choose something that we enjoy ourselves to give as a gift! ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment