Well, it's been a rather quick week. The cold/allergies I had sure took a toll, but I'm about over them. Tuesday afternoon I went home at lunch and slept the rest of the day. Exciting anniversary, huh? Ah, we can celebrate any time!
The most exciting thing to happen to me this week happened yesterday. I was at work, paying bills, and I had bb.com up on the computer. Well, Bo got online and was posting back and forth with people. Suddenly he posted that the first three persons to call his SayNow number would get to talk to him live! I had my iphone in my pocket and I just so happened to have SayNow saved as a contact. I pressed the button right quick and imagine how surprised I was to hear a recording say I was next in line to talk! I flew out the back door of the library, praying the connection would hold, and I heard Bo come on the line. I said hello and he did too, and I told him my screen name. He laughed and said, "Hey, Lisa" and something to the effect that I was fast!
My goodness, my heart was beating out of my body, but soon I calmed right down. Bo is so easy to talk to that he immediately put me at ease. He told me to make sure and spread the word that this was REAL, that it wasn't a recording! We talked about several things- his kids, last week, how he's always been "country" (he said he didn't know what the thing was with people, that he had always been country) and that he listened to country radio; he told me about how he wanted to stay connected with the fans and that he wasn't doing things on a huge scale, he was playing small venues. He said he wanted to be a good husband and daddy. I told him how much I admired him for that. He spoke of how sad it is that huge artists are in the news for beating their girlfriends/spouses and things such as that. Let's see...I told him I was at work and really shouldn't be on the internet, but oh well! We chit chatted a little more and were about to hang up and I told him that last week was my 30th anniversary gift from my husband, that I can always remember their anniversary on the 15th because mine is on the 16th. He told me he was glad I came and for me to be sure to thank Jimmy and give him love for letting me come up and spend last week with him. Then my stupid phone dropped the call!! I'm so glad I got that much time in, though. He went back on line and posted that he lost me, he didn't hang up, he promised! He's such a sweet person.
That's just one way my ordinary life is sometimes extraordinary! I usually keep my Bo posts to my Bo blog (http://www.boonthebrain.blogspot.com/), but this was something totally out of the ordinary for me! I also have recapped every day I spent in Nashville and posted pictures over there. I'm doing it every corresponding day this week, so I'm up to Friday. I've got to work on it, then I'll have two more days of CMA Fest to blog about! Check it out if you're so inclined.
The most exciting thing to happen to me this week happened yesterday. I was at work, paying bills, and I had bb.com up on the computer. Well, Bo got online and was posting back and forth with people. Suddenly he posted that the first three persons to call his SayNow number would get to talk to him live! I had my iphone in my pocket and I just so happened to have SayNow saved as a contact. I pressed the button right quick and imagine how surprised I was to hear a recording say I was next in line to talk! I flew out the back door of the library, praying the connection would hold, and I heard Bo come on the line. I said hello and he did too, and I told him my screen name. He laughed and said, "Hey, Lisa" and something to the effect that I was fast!
My goodness, my heart was beating out of my body, but soon I calmed right down. Bo is so easy to talk to that he immediately put me at ease. He told me to make sure and spread the word that this was REAL, that it wasn't a recording! We talked about several things- his kids, last week, how he's always been "country" (he said he didn't know what the thing was with people, that he had always been country) and that he listened to country radio; he told me about how he wanted to stay connected with the fans and that he wasn't doing things on a huge scale, he was playing small venues. He said he wanted to be a good husband and daddy. I told him how much I admired him for that. He spoke of how sad it is that huge artists are in the news for beating their girlfriends/spouses and things such as that. Let's see...I told him I was at work and really shouldn't be on the internet, but oh well! We chit chatted a little more and were about to hang up and I told him that last week was my 30th anniversary gift from my husband, that I can always remember their anniversary on the 15th because mine is on the 16th. He told me he was glad I came and for me to be sure to thank Jimmy and give him love for letting me come up and spend last week with him. Then my stupid phone dropped the call!! I'm so glad I got that much time in, though. He went back on line and posted that he lost me, he didn't hang up, he promised! He's such a sweet person.
That's just one way my ordinary life is sometimes extraordinary! I usually keep my Bo posts to my Bo blog (http://www.boonthebrain.blogspot.com/), but this was something totally out of the ordinary for me! I also have recapped every day I spent in Nashville and posted pictures over there. I'm doing it every corresponding day this week, so I'm up to Friday. I've got to work on it, then I'll have two more days of CMA Fest to blog about! Check it out if you're so inclined.


No comments:
Post a Comment