


Blog? What blog? I seem to forget I have a blog!! Anyway, I need to get caught up...
Well, since Layke has been home it's been very pleasant. All his boxes arrived safely and he's been out applying for jobs. PLEASE, God, let him get a teaching job!!! Seth is beside himself that his brother is home and Rachel's pretty tickled, too. Especially after the other night...
Rachel made some bad decisions and was dating a guy who was quite the mooch. She finally came to her senses and dumped him, but he wouldn't leave her alone. He actually wanted to drive her car to Talladega this past weekend! When she said no he kept persisting. He sent endless text messages and called her incessantly. So it's brother to the rescue. He called the guy and firmly but nicely told him to leave her alone. Plus he told him to NEVER call my mother's phone again (which he did when Rachel ignored his calls to her phone). That is what sent Layke over the edge. He was so mad smoke was coming out of his ears. Anyway, the guy got the message and hopefully we will never see his face again. Ever. Enough of Jerry Springerness. I despise drama and this guy's family LOVES to wallow in it. It's been so peaceful since he's out of the picture.
Jimmy and I had a nice weekend. We got up early and headed out to Trade Day. Man, it was swarming with people with strollers, people with dogs, people, people, people! We saw lots of junk and lots of cute little puppies for sale. Oh the pugs were adorable! As was the English bulldog puppy. Jimmy grows weary of me oohing and ahhing over the animals, but I can't help myself! We grabbed a corndog (there's nothing better than a Trade Day corndog slathered with mustard) for a late breakfast and Layke got some boiled peanuts for the road!
We piddled around the rest of the day, going to Wal-Mart and then we ended up at the beach at the state park. Jimmy and I sat on a picnic table and watched a few people in boats quietly fishing. It was so peaceful. We've decided that we're going to go there more often. The pictures I posted are not ones that I took. I'll have to take my camera next time and take some of my own. We are trying to decide where to go for our anniversary. Just a weekend trip- so does anybody have any suggestions? We're thinking of flying, so it can be somewhere that isn't drivable.
Speaking of driving, Sunday the boys got up at the crack of dawn and headed to Talladega. I slept in, got up and ate a bowl of cereal while watching some TV, then I cleaned the house, went to the grocery store and just basically chilled. It was heavenly!


No comments:
Post a Comment