Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My boy is home!

After almost two years of living in Maine, my oldest son has moved home! He arrived this morning, but boy, what an experience he and his friend Justin had trying to get here!

Justin flew up there Friday to help Layke get everything packed and shipped home. They were to fly out yesterday from Portland, ME around 2:40. Well, Layke calls me and says he has good news and bad news...the flight has been cancelled but they are rebooking them. Ok, an inconvenience, but not too bad, right? Wrong. They could not get a flight out of Portland until Thursday! So Justin and Layke rode a bus to Boston, spent the night there and left out at 6 a.m. this morning.

Jimmy, Seth, Layke, Rachel and I went to lunch at Santa Fe and I heard all of the details of the trip. Layke said both he and Justin lost their cool with the airline people in Boston. They tried to make Layke pay for his luggage again. That went over like a lead balloon! I'm just glad they are home safely!

I wrote a long blog when Layke left for Maine. It just about killed me for him to go, but he did a good work up there and was blessed in countless ways. But I'm SO glad he's home!!! :)

Now, does anybody know of an opening in a school for a music teacher??? He's certified P-12, so hopefully he can find something!

No comments:

Post a Comment