Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday, which feels like Monday

Kris Bell @ The Limelight
Kris again...
Us with Kris on stage


Happy Birthday to my sweet Jimmy on the 24th!! We celebrated by going to Nashville right after work Friday. We flew up the interstate, arriving in Franklin at our hotel around 7:30. We hurriedly freshened up and changed clothes and headed to downtown Nashville. It was so crowded that we thought we would never get a park, but we finally did and had a wonderful dinner at Demo's. If you've never been, you're missing fantastic food! http://www.demosrestaurants.com/

After dinner we headed over to the Limelight to meet some friends and see the Kris Bell Band. Kris is such a fantastic guitarist, and he's a really nice guy, too. He did a wonderful show, and at the end he had us come and join him onstage. How surreal, standing up there as he tore UP Freebird! Awesome!

Saturday Jimmy and I slept late and barely had time to check out of the hotel! We rode around Franklin and it was so crowded that there was nowhere to park. We ended up back at a barbecue place that Jimmy had seen called Bar-B-Cutie's. He wanted to eat there and I told him that Bo loves the barbecue from there. I can see why! It was wonderful...we got sampler platters and they had fresh creamed corn and cornbread pancakes. We'll definitely go there again! http://www.bar-b-cutie.com/

On the way home we stopped at Starbuck's. Jimmy is the world's biggest espresso lover and he always has to stop when we see a Starbuck's. He likes our local coffee shop, Jamoka's better, and I have to agree, they have better coffee. But this was good and we sat there and had our coffee before heading on home.
The rest of the weekend was spent just lazing around. We went to Mother's house to visit, but aside from that we pretty much stayed home. Jimmy and I did go to Applebee's Sunday for his birthday lunch. I made pizzas that night at Mother's for the entire family.

So I'm back at work today, a Tuesday, but it feels like Monday. But hey, I get to go home at 5! I only have two more days to work this week. I have the dreaded test on Friday...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice couple of days Lisa! Glad I found your blog through a KB Google alert!
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete