That's how I feel today. Woozy. Stomach kinda hurts, head hurts, I'm freezing. Blech. I'd much rather be at home.
Last night I was banished to the bedroom while the boys and Jimmy watched Mall Cop. I watched American Idol, piddled a little bit on the internet and read. Speaking of read, I am reading the best book! It's called The Help and it set in Mississippi back in the late 50s/early 60s. The story is told from the perspective of a white woman and two black maids. Well worth the read if you're so inclined.
American Idol makes me tired. They have two very different individuals competing and one is an amazing vocalist-probably the best AI has ever had-and then there's the little humble, shy guy who is America's sweet thang. Can't wait to see who wins.
My Bo is back out there in LA this week attending finale festivities. Notice I said "my" when referring to Bo. He is mine. I have supported, voted, traveled thousands and thousands of miles to attend concerts, purchased CDs, prayed diligently, laughed and cried for this man. He has become an extension of my life in a weird kind of way. I tell people he's my hobby, for lack of a better word. Through him I've made lifelong friends. Heck, my BEST friends are friends I've made because of him. He's always been so kind to us, and he knows us "repeat offenders" by now. He calls me by my name or my screen name every time I see him. He always expresses his gratitude to us and I just love the man. It's so good to see him healthy at last, and happy with a wonderful wife and two adorable kids. So that's just a taste of why I call him "my" Bo.
Changing the subject completely, but this morning I thought I would put a glaze on my hair, one that is supposed to make it shiny and the color more vivid. Oh yeah. My hair looks like I have poured lard on it. It's as limp as a dishrag and is so greasy it looks dirty. It will be washed during my lunch hour. I can't stand it! There just wasn't time to rewash it before I came to work. That crap is going into the garbage can. Do not buy John Freida gloss. It's terrible.
I made an appointment to get my hair trimmed tomorrow. I've been letting it grow and I don't want it cut off; I just want it shaped up some. I have three weeks before CMAs so I figure if he does get scissor-happy it will have time to grow some before then.
My son is supposed to be bringing me a coke for my stomach. He's taking Seth to get his hair cut at 11:00, so maybe he'll be here before long. Coke is a miracle drug for me. It soothes my stomach like nothing else will.
Speaking of medicine, that reminds me of pharmacy, which reminds me of the little boy who got killed at our local pharmacy Monday. He was walking out of the store and was on the sidewalk when a Cadillac SUV jumped the curb and hit him. The 77-year-old driver apparently was trying to park the SUV and hit her accelerator instead of the brake. I do not know the family of the child, but it is just a horrible tragedy. And it's also tragic for the driver; I cannot imagine how she feels. I've harped at my mother about being careful driving. She actually has called me on her cell phone while she's driving!! Frankly, I wish she would just chill about driving places. She has gotten better about it; she lets Rachel take her to Huntsville and Birmingham now. It just drives Layke up a wall. She has these "spells" sometimes after she eats and feels like she's going to pass out. Sunday, after we all had breakfast together at the Food Basket, Layke insisted on driving her. He would NOT let her drive because she has passed out on him several times! Once she broke her ankle. They were staying at The Wynfrey in Birmingham when that happened. Then she did it at Los Arcos here in town. They cannot find one thing wrong with her! They call it neurocardiogenic syncope. So...how do you tie down a stubborn 76 year old????
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the stubborn moms.My mom ran into the side of a CVS when she was 80. She thought she hit the brake and hit the gas.My brother finally had to loosen her distributor cap so she couldn't start the car ; ) You just simply avert them like a child from the toy store! LOL