Another weekend blazed by me. Whew, they seem to get faster and faster.
Friday night Jimmy and I went on a "date", something we rarely get to do. Date=going out by ourselves, FYI. We went to Red Lobster in Gadsden. I think I love seafood better than any kind of food. We got there and a couple from Albertville was sitting out front. I worked with the man and sat in meetings with him for years and I worked a few years on a charity thing with the woman, but I swear, they acted as if they couldn't quite place me. Rather than be offended, I got tickled about it. I told Jimmy that I must make one heck of an impression on people! They kept looking over at me surrepticiously, so I know they were thinking, "Where do I know her from??" I just ordered my drink and sat there and sipped it while we waited for our table, secretly relishing the fact that their minds were on overdrive trying to figure it out!
We were given the very back booth in the restaurant, which was nice. We ordered and Jimmy had not had any carbohydrates in quite a while, so he was stuffing in the cheese biscuits. Well, about the time I grabbed the basket and told him he was going to make himself sick, the waiter came, overheard me, and sat another full basket of biscuits in front of Jimmy, making some comment along the lines of he'd just put those there for him. He must have thought I was a Royal Bitch.
We were enjoying our crab legs and I swear, the kid in the booth across the aisle, one back from us, puked all over everything. Thank goodness I couldn't see anything, but Jimmy was giving me the play-by-play. ICK. Some poor guy dressed in a hazmat type suit came out and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. He earned his money that night! I heard the little boy, about 3 years old, say, "I yucked." I cracked up because that's what Seth or Layke used to say!
Saturday morning we got up early and headed down to Jamoka's and then went on to Trade Day. That's a flea market for those of you who may not know. There are always so many cute puppies there, and as usual, I saw some little English bulldogs that I just loved. They were absolutely adorable! We picked up a few odds and ends and then headed home to the sporting goods store.
Jimmy had told me about something that Frog Togs makes called a Chilly Pad. You wet it and it feels 20 degrees cooler than the air temperature. I was going to an outdoor concert on Sunday, so he wanted me to have one of them. After a few more errands, we landed at home where we stayed the rest of the evening.
Sunday morning I got up and headed for Huntsville where I met Debbie at the Cracker Barrel. I was sitting on the porch waiting for her when she called and told me she was getting pulled over. She got a ticket. What a way to start a trip!
After our lunch at Cracker Barrel, we parked her car in the airport parking and I drove us on to Franklin, TN. Debbie's GPS, "Bo-Bo", guided us right to the park where we were going. We drug our cooler and our chairs across the street and found a spot to sit. There was NO shade whatsoever. It was a jillion degrees. We didn't see anybody we knew, so we just settled in. Later on we would see Cheryl and we moved our chairs to the other side.
LoCash Cowboys came on first. They are such cuties. They do a fun show. After they finished, it was time for Jeffrey Steele. He sang a few songs, then introduced his surprise guest, Gavin DeGraw! He's awesome! He sang a few songs while playing the keyboard. Then Jeffrey came back and rocked out until about 9 o'clock. The man sang nearly THREE hours and I didn't see him take a sip of water and he did not take any kind of break. It was an incredible show. We're going back next year. Better take care of that Chilly Pad. Looks like I'll be needing it again!
I drove home this morning and got to work around 11:30. I had forgotten my round brush, so my hair is pitiful. My cooler, which was setting on top of my suitcase yesterday, leaked all into it and all over my clothes. So Debbie lended me some pants to wear on the trip home. Thankfully I had ironed and hung my work clothes, so I was able to change into them when I got to work. I used 50 sunblock yesterday, but you can still definitely tell I've been in the sun. That's an oddity for me. I'm a Southern Belle who believes in staying lily white. Not gonna happen this year! After my trip in August I'll be even browner!!


Lisa,
ReplyDeleteTell me where to get a chilly pad! My guys need that for the golf course, because they don't have enough sense to get out of the sun!