Thursday, July 23, 2009

A pretty good Thursday

I was born on a Thursday. Rachel was born on a Thursday and so was Layke. Thursday is just about my favorite day of the week.

Today started with a vanilla latte made with Jimmy's new baby, a Delonghi espresso machine. OMG, it is wonderful! I slap some ground decaf in there (he keeps his high octane beans in the machine, so I use ground espresso) press a button and PRESTO! I have a little shot of awesome espresso. I pour it into a tall glass with milk, sugar-free vanilla syrup and lots of ice. Ahhhhh. What did I do without one of these machines all these years? I know what I did. I went to Jamoka's once a week with Jimmy and Seth and plopped down 15 bucks for our drinks! Now I don't have to wait until Saturday mornings! Plus I save money. Yay!

Back to Thursday...I had a department head meeting at nine. I like to hear what everyone else in the city is doing. I'm especially interested in the recycling efforts that have begun. They are only open a day and a half a week, but this morning it was reported that nearly 500 people are participating. That's a great start. I've turned into a recycling fool! I'm no tree hugger, but if things can be used again, why bury them in a landfill where they may never go away? I pillage through the garbage at home and at work and fuss if I find a coke bottle or styrofoam! My family and my staff think I'm a wee bit nutty, but that's ok! I'll happily wash out the styrofoam containers that hold our breakfasts each Friday!

After the meeting I came back to the library and began working on some financial things that I'm going to need for my end of the year report. It has to be done at the end of September and it'll be here before I can turn around! I'll be very happy that I started doing this.

Lunch at home today was typical. Mr. Spunky Bogart had strowed seeds all over the floor. They haven't been vacuumed yet. That can wait until after 5! Jimmy went to bed after we decided that tonight we're having Cracker Barrel for supper. Simple, fast, and easy. No grease in the kitchen, no dirty dishes. Sounds perfect to me!

The afternoon has been quiet. A woman that really grates on me came in. Kind of threw my Thursday under the bus, but thankfully she didn't say anything to me. She is one of these rich women who think they are just a little bit better than everyone else. I avoid her like the plague. Jimmy and I saw her in the grocery store one day and he asked me who she was and then he said, "She looks like a bitch." Oh, how perceptive that man can be! lol

Hope everyone has enjoyed their Thursday as much as I have. Tomorrow...FRIDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment