First thing this morning Jimmy woke me up from dreaming I was videotaping a gorgeous beach. When I told him he interrupted a beautiful dream he said he might have saved me from a tidal wave. He's goofy.
Now this was early morning...6 something, and he was rushing me to get dressed. We were going to "First Monday" in Scottsboro. Ok. I drug myself up and got dressed in comfy jeans, a tie-dyed shirt and my old feed-the-dogs crocs. Slapped on a little makeup, donned my "designer" sunglasses and we were off!
First stop was Hardee's. We went inside and ate, which was nice. I can't stand to try and eat going down the road! I had a bologna, egg and cheese biscuit. Yes, my northern friends, you heard me right. Fried bologna is the bomb!!
Full on our breakfast biscuits, we headed out on the 45 minute drive to Scottsboro. Of course we had to stop and get gas. And Jimmy forgot his hat, so he bought one. Can't let that pretty balding head get blistered, now can we?
We got to Scottsboro and it was just not as crowded as I remembered from years past. Some of the stuff was way overpriced, but I did find that my McCoy bowl brings $45 bucks at the flea market. My favorite vendor there had four tables of goodies for $1 each. I found some wine glass charms. I've always wanted some; now I have six pretty pewter ones. I thought one of them was an ear. Jimmy said it was a flower with stems! I'm pretty dense sometimes! LOL
I found some glass earrings like I've been wanting for $3. They sell comparable stuff at Peebles Department Store for close to $60. Can you say bargain, boys and girls??
After we had made the rounds around the town square, we loaded up and went to Unclaimed Baggage. My goodness, if you've never been there you should see it! This place buys unclaimed items and luggage from airlines and there is some awesome stuff. They have clothes, jewelry, perfume, shoes, books, cameras, you name it. Pricey stuff, too, like Coach purses. I ended up getting a couple of shirts.
As we were leaving somebody suggested that we ride on to Huntsville, visit Ross (my favorite store in the entire world!) and have lunch at Dreamland. Jimmy and Layke just weren't in the mood for grilling today. So off we went.
Ross had more clothes than I've ever seen there before. I dug through the racks and ended up with two shirts. I could have chosen several more, but I limited myself as to how much I was going to spend. I love a good deal!
I could have kept on looking, but the guys were encouraging me strongly to come on, so we left and headed to Dreamland, just a short way down the road.
It smelled heavenly! We entered and the wood smoke was all around. We were starving! We ordered and in no time we had a plate of white bread and bbq sauce, our ribs, slaw, beans, fries, pork sandwich...all the things that we had decided to have.
Jimmy started complaining immediately about the ribs. They tasted "old" to him, and to be perfectly honest, they are in no way as good as the ones my guys can cook! But they were not as bad as he was letting on, and when we got the bill...well, his eyes bulged out of his head! But he just says he's counting it as a lesson learned! No more ribs except what we cook at home. We're spoiled!
We got home around 3 in the afternoon. I've been in here on the computer, talked on the phone to Debbie, Mother and Rachel, and have done some laundry. My boys are watching "The Patriot" DVD that Seth bought today.
It's been a good one, but not a typical one. A little change every now and then keeps things interesting, don't you think? And my kitchen is clean today!


No comments:
Post a Comment