
This morning I woke up, realizing that once again I had overslept. It is raining outside and I seem to be able to sleep on and on and on when it is. Somehow I made it to work on time and I even had my makeup on, including mascara!
These days it seems that I'm quite melancholy. Simple things make me tear up. I despise to be this way because I'm not a weepy sort of person typically. Maybe it's a seasonal thing. Time is flying by so quickly! September is half over! And before I can turn around Christmas will be here again. As much as I love Christmas, a part of me is always sad. I miss the people who aren't here anymore. I've always been sad that Jesus had to come to earth to live and die for stuff I have done. Yes, yes, it's a good thing, a happy thing, an humbling thing, but it still makes me sort of sad. Am I crazy? Am I the only person who has ever looked at it this way?
Thankfully I do have several trips planned for this fall which should take my mind off being melancholy. These trips always make me laugh until my sides hurt and make memories that I treasure. Hopefully I'll snap out of this funk soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment