I'm drinking it. Well, it looks like pond scum anyway. A friend told me about "green smoothies", a great way to get in leafy vegetables and fruits. My diet is not very fruit and vegetable friendly, so I thought I'd try them.
Actually, the smoothies are pretty good. I put a cup of water into a blender, add two handfuls of raw baby spinach, a banana, a quartered apple, and some frozen blueberries or frozen peaches or both. Voila! Pond scum! I'm going to try my best to drink one every day and I just might get wild and vary up the greens! We'll see how it goes.
Speaking of food, I bought a local cookbook yesterday and there is the weirdest recipe in there! It's Blue Cheese and Peach dip. Yep, you heard me right. It has cottage cheese, onion flakes, blue cheese and canned sliced peaches all blended up together. It's to be served with vegetables. Who knows, it might be good, but that was a recipe that stopped me in my tracks. Bizarre to say the least!
I'm trying to eat better. Really I am. But I'm craving Cheetos and Doritos and Sour Cream and Onion potato chips! *sigh* Guess I'll drink my stupid smoothie and try to be content.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment