
Yes, I know I should be in bed, but sleeping is so boring! I don't know why I fight it so at night; I always have my entire life. I'll be sorry in the morning for sure.There is nothing really earth-shattering going on in my life right now. Jimmy and I are taking a much-needed mini vacation this weekend. We are staying at a cottage in Monteagle, TN. We're leaving at lunch on Friday, driving to Monteagle and checking in, then heading on into Nashville to go and hear Bart Walker's band play at B.B. King's. He plays from 5:30 to 9:00. Jimmy was SO hoping to meet Reese Wynans, former keyboard player for Stevie Ray Vaughan, who is Bart's keyboard player, but Bart told me today that Reese has a recording session that he don't believe he'll get off in time to play. Bummer for Jimmy, but I'm still looking forward to hearing Bart.
After that, we're making a beeline over to the Limelight where Stephen Cochran is playing. He's supposed to start at 8, but I'm hoping it'll be later! Then after Stephen is Jeffrey Steele. OH.MY.GOD. Next to Bo Bice, he's my favorite! That man can put on a show! And boy, can he sing! And boy, is he sexy! lol
After the shows we're going to drive back to Monteagle, sleep in on Saturday, and enjoy a dinner at a fancy schmancy restaurant that night. Then we're going to go back to the cottage and the cottage's hot tub! Sounds heavenly!
My little Lulu dog, the 2 pound chihuahua, is going to be left at the mercy of my boys. She has to have a pill every day (I give it to her wrapped in some Velveeta) and a half a dropper of liquid antibiotics. Man, they'd better do it or mama will be on the warpath when she gets home!
I inherited that dog from my daughter Rachel, who rescued her from getting put to sleep at the vet's. Rachel got a new minpin, so I got Lulu. I would never have chosen that dog, but I've got her and I love her even though she loves Jimmy more.
Now that's a funny thing, her loving Jimmy. He's not an animal person. But she sits beside him in his chair and he's really sweet to her. I guess it's because she's so tiny. He even took her to the vet today, an unheard of event in times past with our other dogs!! And get this- he made an appointment to have her teeth cleaned! Man. That little dog has him wrapped and I think it's hilarious.
I adore all my dogs. Austin, Ernie, Pugsley and Lulu are the best dogs ever! Cesar would approve of how good my "pack" is! They're sweethearts. And I have a little dog-crush on Cesar! He is THE MAN! He isn't afraid of anything, not pits, not chows, no dog scares that little man. That's awesome!
All right. Back to reality. It's almost eleven and morning will be here all too soon. Guess I'll head on to bed. Adios!!


No comments:
Post a Comment