Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's official. I'm a Senior Citizen.

Yeah, mother thought it was hilarious to tell me to stop and get a "senior" drink at McDonald's today. I don't THINK so!

I walked into work this morning and all the girls were hiding and they had decorated my office in black. They had balloons everywhere that said "50...and the party continues..." which I felt was appropriate for me! I ain't quittin' no time soon. They had made a black tombstone and had dead ivy hanging from it. Oh my, it was quite the spectacle. No more lying about my age...not in the library anyway! Or here, where I'm telling the world! Ah, I'm just glad to be here!

This afternoon I took off work and went to Huntsville with Jimmy. Mother and Seth came along for the ride and after Jimmy's doctor visit (which went very well) we went to Ross. Ross is my favorite store in the whole entire world! I find Liz Claiborne clothes, Born shoes, Levi jeans...anything my little heart desires there at fantastic prices! Today I got three Liz shirts, a rocker shirt (it's for my wild side) and two pair of sandals. AWESOME. Jimmy got some nice shirts, too. Mother found an outfit for Easter.

Oh, let me tell you about Mother and her outfits! She wears the craziest things together and today I made sure that everything matched! What is it about older people that make them wear such strange color combinations?? Mother wore socks and open-toed shoes today, but I let it slide because she had a toenail removed last week. But she does look hilarious when she wears her big yellow fleece pullover, navy sweat pants, white socks and black Aerosole shoes. I'm not fashionista, but that is just plain funny!

After shopping we drove back to Guntersville and had dinner at Top of the River. I hadn't been there in a while and I love their slaw, cornbread and catfish. And I love the pickled onions! I love anything and everything pickled! Beets, okra, onions, eggs...pickle 'em and I'll eat 'em!

We walked outside by the lake and I took some pictures. We then went back to Mother's house and had cake. And here again is something hilarious that Mother did...I had said I didn't want 50 on anything, so what did she do? She had them put "59th Girl" on my cake. Huh? Somehow she interpreted that to mean I was born in 1959! I'm sitting here laughing out loud trying not to wake up Jimmy. Mother is a hoot!

Oh me, I can't quit laughing so I've got to find something else to occupy my time and get my mind off of my goofy Mother. Later, folks!

1 comment:

  1. My mom wears funny stuff together too. I think she must be color (and fashion) blind. Emma makes such fun of her and the way she talks; sometimes I think she does it so Emma will laugh. She wants a "drank", or is going to take a "shaiwer"....And eating popcorn, she'll tell Emma, "that kernel chewed aiight"..I wonder if she's ever seen Slingblade???? lol

    ReplyDelete