Saturday afternoon and all's well at our household, thank God. Jimmy's been steadily improving over the past couple of days and even though it's going to be a long haul, I think he's finally heading in the right direction.
Today is the first day I have gotten out of the house. We were out of everything from toothbrushes and vitamins to milk and eggs. Needless to say I spent a small fortune!
This afternoon I am just bored. Well, actually I'm sleepy, too, but I'm fighting it with all that is in me. There are so many constructive things I could be doing, but ughhh. Who wants to work on a project?
That brings to mind what Mother used to say to me all the time when the kids were little. She'd say I needed to start a project. Now by "project", Mother meant something like cleaning out closets, cleaning underneath the cabinets, etc. She was out of her mind. Who could do that with three small children running around? Now I don't have young ones, I have big ones and they make bigger messes than the little ones ever did. I cannot tell you how many times I have organized the cabinets in my kitchen and how many times it only takes them a week or so to undo all of my work! So why bother? Aren't you supposed to yell, "Fore!" when playing golf and a ball is coming down out of the sky? Well, we should yell "Fore!" before opening a kitchen cabinet. There is always the risk of getting pelted in the head with Tupperware and Rubbermaid.
Several years ago when I started my job, one of my tasks was to clean out the building. They brought a big dumpster and set it outside to make it easy for us to dispose of things. I need a dumpster here at home. No kidding. Do you think they would bring one if I called?? I'm so tired of all this accumulated stuff. But here is what happens to me...the minute I get rid of something I need it. It never fails. Ever. So I guess I'll just keep things the way they are for the time being and hope nobody ever drops by.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment