Well, my first day back at work was just like I expected. 201 emails were in my inbox, the desk was piled with books and invoices and I got three memos from the mayor. People were pulling on the door as I drove up an hour before opening time. By opening time the front porch was crowded. I hid in my office with my head stuck in the computer monitor trying to get caught up with everything from the past week and a half. I almost made it, too!
Jimmy was fine at lunch, just bored to death. As he begins to feel better, the restless, irritable, frustrated factors come into play. Hopefully he'll be able to go back to work next Monday. He really shouldn't, but if he doesn't he's going to go crazy.
My stomach is growling. For lunch I had a few pretzel chips, hummus, and a banana. Not exactly food that sticks to your ribs, is it? I need to go and make some supper. Tonight it's fish sandwiches. I've never made them that I can recall. I bought some frozen premium breaded tilapia, buns, tartar sauce and I thought I'd throw on a piece of cheese like McDonald's does. I will let you know how they go over!
Changing the subject to something personal...my hair is falling out!!!!! Every time I wash it or comb it big clumps are left in the bottom of the tub and in my comb. It's beginning to freak me out. My hair is getting longer and about ten years ago it was this length. Back then it took me thirty minutes to blow dry it. Now it only takes a fraction of that time. It doesn't even feel like my hair used to feel, which was thick and lush! Now it's thin and scrawny! I looked up causes for female hair loss online and I can't fathom what it might be unless it's the dreaded hormones. You know I did have that milestone birthday this year. Oh my God! Getting old is a bitch! I want to be Benjaminette Button and grow younger! Might as well give in and call my gyno and see if he can test my hormone levels. :(
Changing the subject again...three people were swept off the rocks in Acadia National Park at Thunder Hole Sunday. We visited there last fall when we went to Maine. One little girl drowned, but the other two were rescued I believe. What would make someone not heed the rails and climb up on those rocks? I assume that's what they did because the walkways are gated when the sea is rough. We saw people climbing up on top of those giant rocks beyond the gates when we were there. Makes me shudder to think about it! The ocean is beautiful, but it is mighty and powerful and I respect it a great deal! I don't even want to go out on it in a boat.
Ok, I'm out of here for now. I didn't have much to say today, but I enjoy this immensely. :)
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment