
Where has this week gone? Things around here have been not-so-good so I just threw in the towel and said I was going to take off the rest of the week.
Yesterday was a really bad one for Jimmy, but on the up side last night was the first night he was able to lie down in the bed and get some sleep. He looks better this morning and I'm hoping that he'll be able to eat something today. He has lost 10 pounds this week, which he's happy about, but the methodology has been quite unpleasant!
One bright spot in our days this week has been that silly little bird of mine, Spunky Bogart. He can make you smile even when you feel horrible. One day Jimmy's dad came over and he reached out for him and Spunks nipped him a good one on the finger. That in itself wasn't funny, but the way Ray reacted was a hoot! Jimmy has laughed off and on all week about how he danced around. He also ate one of my mother's earrings. The little thief was sitting on her shoulder, his beak stuffed with a diamond stud earring, the post sticking out like it was a cigarette. I wrestled it away from him before he swallowed it. And then yesterday Spunky was on my shoulder making his little kissing sounds when Seth started playing with my hair. Spunky did NOT want him to touch me and you have never heard the like of fussing! We howled laughing. Like I said, he's been a true source of laughter for us when we really didn't feel like laughing.
I'm optimistic that today is going to be a better one than yesterday. Since I'm using vacation time, I am going to act like I'm on vacation as much as I can. I'm going to watch movies, nap, and read if the mood strikes me. This cluttered house and dirty laundry can just wait, don't you think?


No comments:
Post a Comment