Trying to come up with a catchy title for each blog I write is tough, folks. Today it's sitting there blank, staring at me. By the time I'm finished, I will stick something there I'm sure. If not, just look over me. I don't really have a theme today anyway.
Anyone out there have a hard time sleeping? I stay up late, sleep well for a while, then wake up with the proverbial chickens. Once my eyes open, that's it. I'm awake for the day. Well, I say awake. I'm sitting here so sleepy right now that I could just konk over. I fell asleep again last night playing Scrabble on my phone in the dark. That was the best five bucks I've ever spent! I've played the hound out of that game and I'm addicted. I don't look at it during the day because if I do I'm a goner! So at bedtime when Jimmy turns out the lights I turn on my Scrabble game and play to my heart's delight!
Oh! Oh! Oh! Has anyone tried the new coconut M&Ms? Holy Schmoly, they are amazingly delicious! Jimbo and I got the last two bags yesterday at the Walgreens in Huntsville. We shared one and I've got one stashed at home. Stingy me is hiding it from the garbage disposals who live in my house!
We went from Walgreens to Fresh Market and honey child, I could just go around and look and smell in that store all day! They had marinated fresh mozzarella with bow tie pasta and sun dried tomatoes, pita wraps, giant coconut shrimp, huge fresh dates, and all sorts of other goodies. We only bought a package of sushi (cooked, I'm not eating raw fish) and some little toasts. I wish there was sushi like that here. That wasabe will burn the hairs out right of your nose but it is delicious, as is the fresh ginger.
Yes, I love food. Especially when I'm stressed out. It has a calming effect on me. I can pop a piece of chocolate in my mouth and my worries just melt away like it does! Weird, but true.
I am getting a new washing machine today. Ours flat out died and that is something we absolutely have to have. You would think two dozen people live at our house if you just walked in and looked at the dirty laundry. It's ridiculous. Anyway, Jimmy went yesterday and chose one for us. I'm pouting because if I am going to have to spend money on an appliance, I want it to be a new refrigerator. Oh, how I want one with a freezer on the bottom! So convienient!
My house needs lots of new stuff. I need new blinds. My cat Tiger Jesus has torn head holes in my bedroom ones because she sits up on the chest of drawers and looks outside. My bird Spunky Bogart has eaten the blinds in the den. A new bedroom suite would be nice, as well as new carpeting for all of the bedrooms. But the way things are now, I'm happy to have a house. Times are rough for so many people that I'm blessed to have a roof over my head.
This morning I got online and purchased some concert tickets for myself and a couple of friends. I called right at the moment they went on sale and ended up with the fifth row. Now an ordinary person would say, "Hey, those are pretty good seats!" But me? I had a furrow in my brow and was a bit pissed that three entire rows had gotten gone in about 15 seconds. I don't believe they are gone for one minute. Some stupid computer chooses the seats...my what a tangent I'm on! That illustrates perfectly what one of my friends said to me. She said we are just spoiled. Why yes, we are. And I am not going to apologize for it. I stay on top of things to get good seats, although sometimes it happens just by good fortune! Let me give you an example.
In June a friend and I went to an outdoor event in Nashville. We walked back downtown when it was over to see a celebrity poker tournament and guitar pull. There were no seats left, so we just made our way in and sat down on the steps that were part of the stage, never expecting to get to stay there. Well, lo and behold, when they started setting up for the music the guy from the venue said we could stay right there. So there we stood, right on the very front, right in front of our favorite artist, who by the way, looked at us, grinned and said, "Why you two got good seats!" I know he thought it was funny because he saw us dragging in late. That in itself is another story. So, things work out most of the time. I'm sure the fifth row isn't going to be so bad at The Barns at Wolf Trap. It's a beautiful venue and I can't wait to go back!
Ok, enough miscellaneous blathering and rambling. Hey! There's my title! See ya later, gators.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment