This morning I feel like my normal self! I feel cheerful and happy and the dark cloud has moved from over my head. Yay!! Funky can be a good thing-IN a funk isn't!! So today I feel funky! LOL
Got up earlier than usual due the the fact that my cat was harking up a hairball. GROSS. Bless her heart. She gets some kind of rash every summer and scratches and licks and makes terrible sores on her neck. Well, I bought one of those "megaphone" collars for her and she can't lick when she wears it. I put medicine on her, snap on that collar and she's good for the night! I think it's finally registered on her that I'm trying to help her, not hurt her, and she sits still and lets me put the thing on her. But since she woke me up harking, she must have had some residual hair. Ick.
Changing the subject, but I am convinced that Yoo-Hoo is one of the best drinks ever. At Wal-Mart this weekend I saw a half gallon of it for a little over two bucks. I bought it, brought it home, and OMG!! I've always loved Yoo-Hoo, but to get it in a carton is bliss. I made an iced mocha latte with it last night. Delish.
And that brings to mind my kitchen. Have any of you ever felt like you had just completely lost control of your kitchen?? My boys are constantly cooking and the amount of drinking glasses they mess up in a day is appalling! I keep asking them why they don't just choose one glass for the day and use it? Rinsing it out is not any trouble. But noooo. I come home every afternoon with the sink piled high. The dishwasher can be completely empty but the sink is piled high. *sigh* Ah, that's not such a big problem, just irritating. I'm glad to have them around.
My daughter is gearing up for her move to Birmingham. She is moving downtown into a really cute apartment. She is a medical transcriptionist and works from home, so she is able to take her work with her. How cool is that? She has a boyfriend who lives about a block and a half from her and she's right there at Five Points near Mellow Mushroom, Jim and Nick's, and all kinds of cool places. I think she'll fit right in. She's especially delighted to be near a store that specializes in vegan and vegetarian diets. She's funny. She doesn't do it because she thinks it's wrong to eat meat. She does it to lose weight and it's worked like a charm for her. If I didn't have to give up chicken fingers and ribeye steaks I might give it a whirl! I love soy milk, edamame, rice, beans, etc. Aw heck, I like anything except sausage and Burger King hamburgers!
All this food talk has got my stomach growling. Think I'll mosey on in the kitchen (it's CLEAN because I did it last night!) and make a latte or oatmeal or something. Everyone have a nice day and thanks for putting up with my downer posts that I have written lately. Sometimes you just have to let it out, you know?
Toodles!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment