Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day Three We Made It HOME

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Walk the halls. Sit in a chair. Go back to sleep for awhile. My boys came over after work and they took me out for supper. We got Jimmy situated in bed, made sure he had a current dose of painkillers, had peed and didn't need a drink, then we went to Schlotsky's.

At first the boys wanted to go to Outback. Uh, I looked like a homeless woman. Well, I DID put on some makeup before we left, but I wasn't fit to go anywhere except a sandwich joint.

We had a sandwich and then went to Sam's. I grabbed just a few things- garbage bags, a giant Snak-Pak Pudding (I figured Jimmy would eat them when he got home), some pants for me to sleep in and a DVD set of Alfred Hitchcock movies for Jimmy. When we were dating we always watched Alfred every night!

Today started out rough for ole Jimbo. He woke up hurting (he had gone all night without pain meds) and sick. But as the morning wore on he was up, ate real food for breakfast and lunch and walked the halls a lot. But this afternoon it was all downhill. He did NOT feel good, but he wanted to come home. I drove more slowly than usual and we got home around seven. The poor thing could hardly make it up the steps and when he got in the boys helped to ease him into the recliner and that's where he has stayed for the past two hours. He's still feeling sick and hurting but he's had a Lortab. I just wish I knew what to do for him.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I feel your pain. I hated it when Kerry had his heart attack and I didn't know what to do for him. I stood over him like a frozen statue and watched him sleep,thanking God he was alive. Finally, he told me that I was getting on his nerves....ugh, then I wanted to slap the snot out of him! lol I hate those roller coaster feelings.

    ReplyDelete