Monday, August 3, 2009

Yet another Monday has rolled around

Wow. A week has passed. Last week was a strange week for me. I was down, teary-eyed, just flat-out depressed I guess you could say. Yesterday it rained. When I say rained, I mean the pouring-pee-out-of-a-boot kind of raining. That seemed to just accentuate my feelings and I slept all afternoon. There's nothing like sleep when things are blue.

But when I woke up, I went shopping with my daughter and then to my mother's house for our weekly sit-and-watch-TV-together-as-a-family night. I curled up in the recliner and watched the finale of The Next Food Network Star. I wanted Jeffrey to win, but that woman (I can't even remember her name! Oh yeah, Melissa!) won and she'll be just fine.

After I got home a good friend called and I was able to vent some frustrations. Thank God for my friends. One had called me right before I left for mother's house and then one after. I'm blessed in that regard. Don't know what I'd do without them.

Today I was supposed to go to Huntsville to a luncheon. I'm totally blowing it off because I just don't think I can force myself to be all sunshiney and peppy when I'm totally not. They'll never miss me.

I grabbed a book as it came back in this morning and I'm going to try to concentrate and read it. It's The Devil's Punchbowl by Greg Iles. I usually love his books and two of the girls here say it's a good one. I remember reading one of his books that was set in New Orleans right before we made a trip there. It was cool to hit the eating spots and places that he so vividly described.

My eyes bother me more than they used to and I just don't read that much anymore. Not to mention that I fall asleep! Oh lord, my kids would say it's because I'm old! I'm NOT old. If I say that enough it'll be true! LOL

Let's hope that this week I can shake off this funkiness and be in a better frame of mind. A Bible verse came to mind this morning when I found out about the serious illness of a friend. It's amazing how the Holy Spirit puts the exact words in your heart that you need right when you need them.

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. John 14:17-19


Thy words have I hid in my heart...thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the big blog world! :-)

    May you find joy despite the funk...

    ReplyDelete